Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Parameter form - change drop-down box
Parameter form - change drop-down box [message #85687] Wed, 21 July 2004 05:55 Go to next message
Antro
Hello All,

I have a requirement, there are two drop down boxes in the parameter form, depending upon the value I select in first drop-down box the second drop-down box's values should change dynamically.

I am using Reports 6i, can anyone please let me know whether this is possible to do it? If so can you please let me know.

This is an immediate request, any reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Antro
Re: Parameter form - change drop-down box [message #85690 is a reply to message #85687] Wed, 21 July 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
And this relates how to Forms ??

btw, I don't think it is possible in the parameter form of reports.
Re: Parameter form - change drop-down box [message #85692 is a reply to message #85690] Wed, 21 July 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antro
This is not related to ORacle forms! This is the parameter form of Oracle Reports, I have to change the values in the parameter form's fields before the reports gets displayed.

Is it possible in parameter form of reports 6i?

Thanks a lot,
Antro
Re: Parameter form - change drop-down box [message #85703 is a reply to message #85692] Thu, 22 July 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sunil
Report's param form has only limited functionality. You may want to create the parameter form in Oracle forms and pass parameter values to report. Supress the Oracle report's param form. Hope this helps!

Sunil
Re: Parameter form - change drop-down box [message #85704 is a reply to message #85703] Thu, 22 July 2004 10:55 Go to previous message
Antro
Sunil,

Thanks for your suggestion! Can you please let me know how do I suppress the parameter form (just delete?) and how do I get the parameters from outside form in reports (I know that we can use RUN_PRODUCT built-in from Forms but dont know how to retrieve the passed params in the reports.

Thanks for your help man,
Antro
Previous Topic: display chart based on csv-file with forms
Next Topic: FRM - 18108 Failed to Load Object
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 10 05:43:15 CDT 2024