Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » column alignment with select statement
column alignment with select statement [message #83948] Thu, 08 January 2004 12:36 Go to next message
Nina Villegas
I am working with developer 2000 and I have a query that returns a set of columns to a list item (I use the concatenation operator in my select statement for multiple columns). I want to align my columns so that it looks neat. So far, my results look like this:

result1 1 2 3 4
rstl2 1 2 3 4
nextresult 1 1 1 1
lastrslt 1 2 3 4

How can I make all the columns line up? I have tried rpad and lpad, but I guess each character has different sizes, so it still won't match up. Any suggestions?
Re: column alignment with select statement [message #83959 is a reply to message #83948] Fri, 09 January 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnetic
each value of a column might have a different size.
i guess the lov columns are aligned right automatically.
what you have to do is to use a default column width at the definition of the lov columns for each column.
the space between columns is then equal wich can be called a neat alignment.
Re: column alignment with select statement [message #83960 is a reply to message #83948] Fri, 09 January 2004 11:44 Go to previous message
JAFOD
If you are selecting padded concatentated cloumns into a single item, and doing the padding correctly (each to a length a least as long as the max possible length of the column), then the alignment problem might be due to the FONT you are using being a proportional one. Try a FIXED font like SAS Monospace or System.
Previous Topic: how to run reports on 9i from a form?
Next Topic: forms runtime error& path error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 10:15:10 CDT 2024