Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Editing Master Detail Form
Editing Master Detail Form [message #83828] Tue, 16 December 2003 19:50 Go to next message
Prag
Dear friends,

I'm asking a very simple question indeed, but it's true I could not make it. I've two blocks block1 & block2 in a form. block1 is the master and block is the detail block. I want that when the bno field be inputted by the user the all corresponding records for that bno will be displayed in the block2. both the blocks have the field bno in common. I then want to change the records in any block and want to update those properly. Of course I will not allow changing the primary keys of any table. I want to do everything writing SQL codes, not by going to Query tools.

Pls tell me how to proceed. I've made the master/detail block on the same tables for adding and it is working fine but I must have some problem with the editing form and it is not working.

thanks in advance,
Prag
Re: Editing Master Detail Form [message #83858 is a reply to message #83828] Mon, 22 December 2003 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sameer_am2002
Y you want to do it lengthy way.I recommend you to do it in tradional way how Oracle does.Coz doing it through code will be very buggy.
Re: Editing Master Detail Form [message #83871 is a reply to message #83858] Tue, 23 December 2003 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prag
Hi Sameer,

Well, tell me the traditional way stepwise.

-- Prag.
Re: Editing Master Detail Form [message #83877 is a reply to message #83828] Wed, 24 December 2003 01:27 Go to previous message
sameer_am2002
Well your sentence has more of ordering tone then requesting.So better read Oracle books to find the traditional approach and also some books teaching manners.
Previous Topic: Please guys how can we run a report from foems 9i
Next Topic: How to use Flash .SWF file in Form ( Plz its Urgent)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 10:40:55 CDT 2024