Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms 6i (Summary Column)
Oracle Forms 6i (Summary Column) [message #83473] Tue, 14 October 2003 19:56 Go to next message
abdul
Hi All,

In Forms 6i (it is available from Forms5), there is a facility of creating a column and setting its Property under Calculation so that it may be used as Summary column or Formula column. Is there any other way to summarize a set of records for example I have a forms which is a multi-record form and displays 5 records at a time. The momement I move the focus from one record to next record, I want a column to show the summary of a particular column e.g. sum of Salary column in that. I do not want to use the oracle forms built-in feature as described above.

Any detail hint please!

Thanks,
Abdul
Re: Oracle Forms 6i (Summary Column) [message #83476 is a reply to message #83473] Wed, 15 October 2003 00:23 Go to previous message
Maaher
If you want 1 item (sum_item) to display e.g. the sum of 2 other items (db_item1 and db_item2) of a single record you just need to do the following:
1. Create a control item (Text item/Display item: property "database item" set to false).

2. Set the "Number of Items Displayed" to 1 and it will appear just once.

3. Create a PRE-RECORD trigger that does the math:
Begin
  :My_Block.Sum_Item := :My_Block.Db_Item1+:My_Block.Db_Item2;
End
Hth,
MHE
Previous Topic: not able to set margine in oracle report and how to use printer file (prt file)
Next Topic: dynamically loading poplist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 10:06:17 CDT 2024