Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » History of Forms and Reports and the new concepts incorporated
History of Forms and Reports and the new concepts incorporated [message #82110] Wed, 23 April 2003 08:47 Go to next message
Lakshman. K
Hi Friends,

Can anyone help me out in knowing the different versions of Forms and Reports and the new concepts incorporated in the new versions.

Thanks in Advance.
Lakshman. K
Re: History of Forms and Reports and the new concepts incorporated [message #82119 is a reply to message #82110] Thu, 24 April 2003 16:51 Go to previous message
Lars Sjöström
In short there was Forms 4.5, the first GUI (not character based) along with Reports 2.5.

Then came Forms 5.0 (Trees possible if I remember correctly, and tabs was new as well) along with Reports 3.0 (templates introduced I guess)

Then came Forms 6.0 and Reports 6.0 with new wizard capabilities handy when creating things.

After that more webification in Forms 6i and Reports 6i. Somewhere here, could also be during 6.0 era, Reports and Forms Server was introduced.

And there is Forms 9i and Reports 9i in the Oracle iDS product. End of client/server stuff.
Previous Topic: Default Menu Bar
Next Topic: SQL Data Formatting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 13:10:00 CDT 2024