Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » LOV
LOV [message #81912] Tue, 01 April 2003 04:18 Go to next message
merry
HELLO,
I HAVE CREATED A LOV AND ATTACHED THE SAME TO THE THE TEXT ITEM.WHEN I ENTER VALID ENTRY FOR THE DATA IN THE LOV, LOV IS COMING .BUT IF I ENTERS AN ENTRY WHICH IS NOT IN LOV, I SHOULD DISPLAY AN ALERT TELLING THAT THE RECORD FOR THIS ENTRY IS NOT PRESENT . CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
Thanks
Merry
Re: LOV [message #81913 is a reply to message #81912] Tue, 01 April 2003 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
utsav
Hi,
Well since u have a lov attached to text item, set the validate from LOV property to true of text item.
In this way u will be able to know if the value being entered is from LOV or not.

utsav.
Re: LOV [message #81923 is a reply to message #81912] Wed, 02 April 2003 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merry
Hi,

I think I have to be more specific with my problem.
I have 3 tables , say cargo, pax and secure. I have a query form which contains airwaybillno,manifestno,date,comingfrom,flightno columns.
If the user select airwaybillno or manifestno, the record will be displayed and it is working perfectly fine, since both of these fields are unique.
But when the user enters a particular date say 23-mar-03 then if the details for that date only should appear as an lov. If the data is not there in Lov for that particualr date, then an error should display. How to do this?

thanks
merry
Re: LOV [message #81933 is a reply to message #81923] Wed, 02 April 2003 15:08 Go to previous message
Julie
Maybe you need to base your LOV record group on a union query, with select statements and where clauses to address each case.
Previous Topic: Forms row background colour.
Next Topic: Can Oracle Forms and Reports access MS SQL Database thru ODBC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 13:19:09 CDT 2024