Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms - Calendar
Oracle Forms - Calendar [message #81543] Fri, 28 February 2003 09:17 Go to next message
CreativePresence
I have an input field where the user has to enter a date. I there some way that the user can press a button to display a graphical calendar so the user can navigate to the date they want to insert? If so, how? please bear in mind im a newbie trying to learn.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Oracle Forms - Calendar [message #81544 is a reply to message #81543] Fri, 28 February 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julie
It's not super easy, but it will be a good learning project for you.

To create a calendar:

1 From the Components page of the STNDRD20.OLB object library, copy or subclass the Calendar object group.

2 Attach the PL/SQL library CALENDAR.PLL, which contains the Date_LOV package, to your module.

3 Create a Key-Listval trigger on the date item for which you would like to use the Date List of Values window. Add code to display the calendar using the Date_LOV package.

4 If you want the end user to be able to close the Date List of Values window by clicking on the window close button in the title bar, create a form level When-Window-Closed trigger

The calendar will appear whenever the end user invokes a list of values for the date item. A single calendar can be re-used on many different date items. Simply create a Key-Listval trigger for each item.
Re: Oracle Forms - Calendar [message #81547 is a reply to message #81543] Fri, 28 February 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CreativePresence
Hi, thanks for your help, but i have fallen at the first fence. Where do i find "STNDRD20.OLB" i have searched everywhere, inc. the whole Oracle folders for *.olb of which only 2 where found. Once i have found the calendar group object, where in the object library should it go. Next what is the "Date_LOV package", where do i find it & what should i do with it? what code? I'll ask you about point 4 later :o)
Many thanks,
Re: Oracle Forms - Calendar [message #81554 is a reply to message #81547] Sun, 02 March 2003 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CreativePresence
Hi Julie, Im almost there, but what code should i put in the trigger as i know i need to call the calendar lov, but as there is not an entry in the lov section, i am unsure what to do.
Many thanks for your help & the files.
Stu.
Re: Oracle Forms - Calendar - NOW SOLVED (al'most) [message #81555 is a reply to message #81543] Sun, 02 March 2003 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CreativePresence
Hi Julie, I have now managed to solve the problem & now have a fully working pop-up calendar. Thank you very much for your assistance & pactience. Could i ask one more thing? what code do i need to enter in "inital value" to display the current date (sysdate)?

Once again thanks.
Re: Oracle Forms - Calendar [message #86836 is a reply to message #81544] Tue, 09 November 2004 02:10 Go to previous message
AAKASH
HELLO/HI...
BUT WHERE IS THIS
STNDRD20.OLB object library
I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND THIS. PLEASE REPLY ME ABOUT THIS.
THANKS.
Previous Topic: Calling a Business Objects Report from an Oracle Form. Is it possible
Next Topic: book for oracle 10G
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:36:07 CDT 2024