Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Run .FMX from 4.5 to 6i
Run .FMX from 4.5 to 6i [message #80934] Sun, 15 December 2002 22:40 Go to next message
Amit
Hi all,

I have compiled .FMX files without source code. These .FMX are compiled in forms 4.5 I am unable to install forms 4.5 on Windows 2000. Is there any way that I can run these compiled .FMX on forms 6i??? Or convert those to be compatible with 6i??? Please let me know in detail.

With lots of thanks,
Amit
Re: Run .FMX from 4.5 to 6i [message #80940 is a reply to message #80934] Mon, 16 December 2002 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piyush Balan
Hi,
First, what is the exact problem ur facing in installing forms 4.5 in Win2K ?
Next, do u FMTs or even FMBs of the corresponding FMXs ? if yes, then u have hope. else.....

regards,
Piyush Balan
Consultant
Comsoft Infotech Pte Ltd
Singapore
Re: Run .FMX from 4.5 to 6i [message #80946 is a reply to message #80940] Mon, 16 December 2002 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amit
Hi,

For installing forms 4.5, I tried installing Oracle 7.3 and Oracle 8 also. At both the times, 'Unable to Delete NT Service' was the error and it just exited the installation. Then when I tried installing forms 4.5 on Oracle 8i, due to listener, it doesn't go ahead and give me msg. 'V2 Listener error'. Is there any way to install oracle 7.3 or 8 on Win2K ???

I have only .FMX and not .FMBs. Now ???

Regards,
Amit
Re: Run .FMX from 4.5 to 6i [message #80951 is a reply to message #80946] Tue, 17 December 2002 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piyush Balan
Hi Amit,
well if u don't have the FMBs then there's not much u can hope for conversion to 6i release.
But I can suggest u certain workarounds in installation. what u do is
1. make sure the Terminal ur going to use does not have any oracle software installed. if existing, then de-install it and remove all registry entries related to oracle installation
2.First Install forms 4.5 in the default oracle home
3.Next Install the database in a seperate home
4.Make a Net Configuration using SQL*Net of Forms 4.5 for the Database.

remember, FIRST INSTALL FORMS 4.5 IN DEFAULT HOME AND THEN INSTALL THE DATABASE !!!!!

Hope this helps u out
Regards,
Piyush Balan,
Consultant
Comsoft Pte Ltd
Singapore
Re: Run .FMX from 4.5 to 6i [message #80975 is a reply to message #80946] Thu, 19 December 2002 22:08 Go to previous message
Amit
Hi,

I tried installing forms 4.5 first and then installed oracle 8i on fresh installed Windows 2000. Both got loaded properly, but after loading Oracle 8i, when I tried to run Forms 4.5, it gave 'General Protection Fault'. Nothing from developer is working. When I tried to reload the developer on the same, it didn't allow me to do so. Now ???

While loading Forms for the first time, it gave me messege 'File NSDW.DLL not found in search path. Make sure that there will be only one copy of this file in your search path' What this error is for ??? It won't allow me to run SQL without this file. I searched in Oracle, Forms, NT and Windows 2000 CD. No such file is there in these CDs. Where to find this file ???

Regards,
Amit
Previous Topic: How to return a value
Next Topic: Insert, delete, update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 12:40:18 CDT 2024