Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Serving APEX images from the Oracle CDN (APEX 19.x)
Serving APEX images from the Oracle CDN [message #679972] Wed, 15 April 2020 04:47 Go to next message
John Watson
One our developers asked me to look at this
https://blogs.oracle.com/apex/announcing-oracle-apex-static-resources-on-oracle-content-delivery-network
and consider using Oracle's CDN for the images rather than having my Apache reverse proxy serve them.

So on a test system I ran @reset_image_prefix.sql and gave it
https://static.oracle.com/cdn/apex/19.1.0.00.15/
and it works perfectly. Joel does say "You should not do this on a live system, as this process will invalidate many objects in the APEX schema and they will need to be recompiled." but it didn't invalidate anything that I could see. I haven't done any sort of performance testing.

This seems too good to be true! Could there be any problem with this? Anyone using it yet on a large scale?

Thank you for any insight.
Re: Serving APEX images from the Oracle CDN [message #681198 is a reply to message #679972] Thu, 25 June 2020 03:38 Go to previous message
John Watson
Update: I've been using the CDN for a few systems for the last two months, it is brilliant. In particular, upgrades are so much easier: No need to deploy images to the middle tier, no need to adjust virtual paths in Apache or Tomcat.

There is however one possible problem: it sets a few cookies, as in the attached screenshot (I can't manage to copy/paste it any other way). I think some (or all?) of these are tracking cookies the Uncle Oracle is using, and I do not know if that causes any issues with GDPR compliance. Has anyone any thoughts on this?

Thank you for any insight.

Previous Topic: How to use procedure with ref cursor
Next Topic: Insert process ORACLE APEX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:43:47 CDT 2024