Home » Other » Training & Certification » What are ways to transfer tables from Oracle to SQL Server
What are ways to transfer tables from Oracle to SQL Server [message #676764] Sat, 13 July 2019 05:08 Go to next message
priyankamakke
I've been searching the internet for this question:

What are ways to transfer data and tables on a daily basis from an Oracle's Hyperion to SQL Server 2000?

I am an intern at a company and trying to figure out possible ways to do this. Any help or point in the right direction is greatly appreciated.
Re: What are ways to transfer tables from Oracle to SQL Server [message #676765 is a reply to message #676764] Sat, 13 July 2019 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
priyankamakke wrote on Sat, 13 July 2019 03:08
I've been searching the internet for this question:

What are ways to transfer data and tables on a daily basis from an Oracle's Hyperion to SQL Server 2000?

I am an intern at a company and trying to figure out possible ways to do this. Any help or point in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

At the highest level, you create a database link in Oracle database that allow you to push data from Oracle DB into SQL Server
You create a daily batch job that SELECTS and moves the data from source DB into target DB
Re: What are ways to transfer tables from Oracle to SQL Server [message #676766 is a reply to message #676764] Sat, 13 July 2019 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Hyperion may be owned by Oracle but it does not use an Oracle database. This causes a bit of confusion (as is shown by the previous response). You may need to search for Essbase rather than Oracle.
Re: What are ways to transfer tables from Oracle to SQL Server [message #679338 is a reply to message #676766] Mon, 24 February 2020 03:59 Go to previous message
Sonu Singh
1.You can use ADO.Net for the same task. We created a source to Oracle , taking all data and then creating it in SQL server.

2.You could write DTS packages to copy the data, and schedule them to run within Sql Server Agent.
Previous Topic: Hi
Next Topic: Advantage of Online Certification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:29:46 CDT 2024