Online Apps DBA
This is third part in series How to become Oracle Apps DBA from our Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Training (next batch starts on 8th Aug and only 1 seat left, Registration closes in 72 hours). After Architecture and Installation of Oracle E-Business Suite (R12.2) next topic you should learn in Oracle Apps DBA Training is Patching.
There are major changes around Patching in Oracle EBS 12.2 so if you are an Apps DBA working on R12 or 11i then pay special attention to this topic.
Here are some of the key points we are going to cover in Apps DBA Training
- Type of Patches in Oracle EBS
- Two files system (fs1 & fs2) in EBS 12.2 to support Online Patching
- Edition Based Redefinitions – EBR
- Version editions during patching – Run, Patch, Old
- ADOP – New Patching Tool in EBS 12.2
- Patching Phases in 12.2 : Prepare, Apply, Finalize, Cutover, Cleanup
- Useful notes related to Online Patching
- Lab Exercises where you’ll apply patches on EBS 12.2 installed by you on previous day.
Register for Oracle E-Business Suite Apps (R12.2) DBA Training (Only 1 seat left before we close registration so Hurry Up to avoid disappointment).
This is second part in series How to become Oracle Apps DBA from our Oracle Apps DBA (R12) Training (next batch starts on 8th Aug and only 3 seats left). In first part, I mentioned that first and foremost thing you need to understand is Architecture of Oracle E-Business Suite (WebLogic is introduced in WebLogic 12.2 so that is another topic an Apps DBA should learn) .
After architecture, You should look at installation of Oracle Apps (E-Business Suite). Refer to Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 installation guide here
Here are key points for Oracle Apps R12 installation
- You can use Express Install or Normal Install (Express Install is for quick install with default values like username/mount points etc )
- You start R12 installer as root user on Unix
- You can do single user or multi user install (in multi user Application Tier and Database Tier file system are owned by different user)
- From 12.2 onwards you can configure Oracle RAC for database during Oracle Apps Installation (In prior release RAC was not possible during R12 installation. You change database to RAC after installation)
- 12.2 uses two application tier file system (FS1 & FS2) – Run Time & Patch Time so space requirement on 12.2 is slightly higher than previous R12 versions.
Attend Oracle Apps DBA (R12 – 12.2) training to learn from experts and know more about Oracle E-Business 12.2 installation
Get 100 USD off by registering by 4th Aug for Oracle E-Business Suite Apps (R12.2) DBA Training and use code A1OFF at time of checkout (We limit seats per batch and only 4 seats are left so register early to avoid disappointment).
The post Oracle Apps DBA Training : How to become Apps (R12) DBA Part II : Installation appeared first on Oracle : Design, Implement & Maintain.
Database validation failed while applying EBS R12.2 application patch : Oracle Apps DBA Training : Patches
This post is from our Oracle Apps DBA – R12 Training ( next batch starts on 8th Aug, 2015) where we cover installation, patching, cloning and other maintenance tasks. We also cover upgrade of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.0 to 12.2.4 to show how to apply patches and new patch process in Oracle Apps.
One of the trainee from previous batch encountered issue while applying EBS R12.2 application patches 19330775 and 20677045 where command used is highlighted below. The new utility to apply patch is adop (prior to 12.2 you apply patches using adpatch)
adop phase=apply patches=19330775,20677045 hotpatch=yes merge=yes
But patch was failing with error message like:
“adop is not able to detect any valid application tier nodes in ADOP_VALID_NODES table. Ensure autoconfig is run on all nodes.”
So we run autoconfig (there is dedciated topic on Autoconfig in our Oracle Apps/R12 DBA Training) on both Apps Tier & DB Tier by using below commands
- Stop the application tier and Database tier
- Autoconfig on Database tier
a) Source the Oracle Database env
b) cd $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/scripts/$CONTEXT_NAME
c) sh adautocfg.sh
(Check the autoconfig logfiles for any error at $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/log/$CONTEXT_NAME)
- Autoconfig on Apps Tier
a) Please source the APPS environment
b) cd $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME
c) sh adautocfg.sh
After running autoconfig on both the tiers, we again run the command to apply the patch. This time patch failed to execute some SQL statements and showing below error messages:
[Error] Failed to execute SQL statement :
[Error] Error Message :
[UNEXPECTED] Error occurred while performing database validations
To fix this issue, apply database patch 17693770 as per the instructions mentioned in Readme.
After applying 17693770 patch on database tier, issue got resolved and we were able to apply the patches successfully.
You can learn more from our expert team by registering to Oracle Apps DBA Training (next batch starts 8th Aug 2015- register early before 30th July to get 100 USD OFF)K21 Technologies provide Full Money back Guarantee (If you are not happy after 2 sessions then you can ask for Full Money Back )
For further details and registration check