Oracle WebCenter Portal improves productivity by engaging employees with intuitive self-service portals. Download the complimentary white paper that highlights Oracle's deep experience in portals and composite applications, and discover how Oracle WebCenter Portal can benefit you.
Learn how Oracle WebCenter Portal can:
- Streamline and secure access to enterprise applications and leverage integrated content management
- Assemble new custom composite application using a prebuilt library of reusable components
- Provide contextual and personalized views to inform users with integrated social tools
Register Now Download the white paper.
Copyright © 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates.
It has been a busy past couple of weeks here. The Oracle Marketing Cloud was launched in NYC last week and some great new videos have arrived. Here's a video primer on SaaS and Cloud and some of the highlights of the NYC launch. Enjoy!
Not all SaaS cloud providers are equal. In fact, some haven't modernized their CRM cloud, their HR cloud or their ERP cloud applications in ages. 21st century cloud technology is changing rapidly. Even the definition of cloud computing is morphing into a more advanced version. It is important to know what questions to ask about modern cloud best practices. Find out 3 important questions you should ask your software as a service cloud provider.
&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;span id=&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;XinhaEditingPostion&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;quot;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/span&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;Oracle Introduces Oracle Marketing Cloud in New York City
Oracle introduces the Oracle Marketing Cloud during a special event at the Museum of Arts and Design in New York City.
The Art and Science of Modern Marketing: Highlights
Oracle executives officially unveil Oracle Marketing Cloud, the integrated solution that combines the power and reach of Oracle's BlueKai, Compendium, Eloqua, and Responsys components with Oracle Social Cloud. Watch highlights from the launch event.
The Simplicity of the Oracle Stack
And for those of you that are still trying to understand the world of Oracle - Here's an great video that nicely explains the Red Stack.
2014 Oracle Excellence Awards: Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation
Oracle is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2014 Oracle Excellence Awards: Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation. The Oracle Excellence Awards for Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation honor organizations using Oracle Fusion Middleware to deliver unique business value. This year, the awards will recognize customers across nine distinct categories:
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Cloud Application Foundation
- Oracle Service-Oriented Architecture
- Business Process Management
- Oracle Identity Management
- Oracle Data Integration
- Oracle Development Tools and Framework
- Big Data and Business Analytics
If you consider yourself a pioneer using these solutions in innovative ways to achieve significant business value, submit your nomination for the 2014 Oracle Excellence Awards for Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation by Friday, June 20th, 2014, for a chance to win a FREE registration to Oracle OpenWorld 2014 (September 28-October 2) in San Francisco, California. Top customers will be showcased at Oracle Open World 2014, get a chance to mingle with Oracle executives, network with their peers and be featured in Oracle Publications.
For additional details, go here.
WHAT IS THE JUMPSTART KIT? The Jump Start Kit (JSK) for Oracle WebCenter Portal is a utility that installs a fully functional version of Oracle WebCenter Portal pre-integrated with Oracle WebCenter Content, including key features enabled and preconfigured, all within a single machine instance (virtual or physical). It also includes a series of templates, examples, and lesson guides to walk you through a series of typical use cases. It is targeted to developers only, and is not supported for production use.
DOWNLOAD LINK AND MORE DETAILS http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/webcenter/portal/downloads/default-2184086.html
When we talk about Enterprise Content Management, we are talking about a content management solution that can be leveraged as part of your organizational infrastructure. What does that mean? That means having a solution that can be used across all business applications, desktop tools, websites, etc. A true ECM solution is a “single source of truth” for all enterprise content.
There are lots of topics to discuss about how using a true ECM solution benefits your organization, but today we’re going to focus on one specific aspect of an ECM solution – a shift from paper content to digital content. In an effort to cut costs on storage, to save time for employees, and to speed up business processes, many organizations are focusing on eliminating as much paper-based content as possible. That means a couple of things:
- Transforming all of the paper content that they currently own into digital formats
- Standing up a solution that can capture future paper-based content items
- Re-engineering processes to integrate with business applications and take advantage of their new digital solution
Impacting Capabilities First of all, the ability for users to do unlimited scanning without any volume restrictions is essential for those with large repositories of paper-based content, as well as those who are expecting to continuously process paper-based content moving forward.
The tools that are provided with content capture are ones that are designed to remove the bottlenecks in business processes. At the lowest-level of automation, a stream-lined interface that is designed for rapid data-entry can drastically improve processing times. Even then, keying in values leaves your organization open to the cost of human error. That’s why WebCenter allows you to link fields to database tables so that when users are entering values they are picking them from a list rather than typing them in manually.
The next step up is to leverage recognition technologies like barcode scanners and Optical Character Recognition. WebCenter uses these technologies to automatically populate document data so that users don’t have to. WebCenter can read data right off of a page to:
- Intelligently locate and extract data like vendor names, invoice line items, and others
- Match text off of a page to values in a database to improve accuracy
- Categorize documents for approval routing
- Speed time-to-complete for business processes
- Reduce errors in process completion
- Are fully traceable and auditable so you can hold your employees accountable for their participation in those processes
- Seamlessly integrate with your business applications
- Pre-integrated Content Management solution provides a single interface into business data and associated content
- Pre-integrated solution automatically populates data fields
- View documents associated with a task for easy key-from-image, and document annotations, including redaction
- Which content must be archived and kept as paper?
- How much content can I digitize?
- What content is mission critical?
- What are our processes for ingesting new documents?
If you are examining your organization and finding high-costs for paper-based content, WebCenter will not only reduce your storage needs but also give you a reusable solution for the future.