We upgraded My Oracle Support on October 10, 2014. This upgrade brings changes to help you work more effectively with Oracle Support.
Among the areas you will notice enhancements are:
- The My Oracle Support customer experience
- My Oracle Support Chat
- Knowledge Management
- Cloud Portal
Get beyond the support interface screen to meet the experts from Oracle Support at the Oracle Support Stars Bar. Have a tough question about supporting or upgrading your Oracle products? Looking for best practices for problem prevention, rapid resolution, and product upgrades? Stop by the Stars Bar and speak directly with an expert who can help.
While you’re there, check out one of our 10-minute briefing sessions on the hottest support topics. Here are just a few of the high-impact briefings you can see at this year’s Stars Bar:
- Proactive Support Best Practices
- Oracle Platinum Services
- My Oracle Support Tips & Tricks
- And many more!
The Support Stars Bar is open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in the Moscone West Exhibition Hall (Booths 3461 and 3908). More details here.
Visit the Services and Support Oracle OpenWorld Website to discover how you can take advantage of all Oracle OpenWorld has to offer. See you there!
See you there!
Looking for tips, recommendations and resources to help you keep your Oracle applications and systems running at peak performance? Want to find out how to get more out of your Oracle Premier Support coverage?
More than 500 experts from across Services and Support will be on hand at Oracle OpenWorld to answer your questions and share best practices for adopting and optimizing Oracle technology.
- Find out what Oracle experts know about the best tools, tips and resources for supporting and upgrading Oracle technology. Attend one of our “Best Practices” sessions.
- Stop by the Oracle Support Stars Bar to talk with support experts. Open daily @ Moscone West, Exhibition hall 3161.
- See Oracle support tools in action at one of our demos.
View the schedule of all of our Oracle Premier Support activities at Oracle OpenWorld for more information.
See you there!
Have you reviewed the latest offerings for My Oracle Support Accreditation Series? We added several new product tracks such as PeopleSoft, Business Analytics, and Siebel designed to increase your expertise with My Oracle Support.
There are now 10 product paths that focus on building skills around best practices, recommendations, and tool enablement—taking your expertise to the next level.
Continue to expand your existing knowledge with best practices, product-based use cases, and recommendations from subject-matter experts. Your accreditation delivers the information you need—focusing on core functions and building skills, specifically to help you better support your Oracle products by leveraging My Oracle Support and its related capabilities that are important for your Oracle product path solutions, tools, and knowledge.
Learn more about My Oracle Support Accreditation and explore the new product-specific paths.
ORAchk can proactively scan for known problems within these areas:
- Oracle Database
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- E-Business Suite
- Oracle Sun Systems
New features available in ORAchk version 2.2.5
- Runs checks for multiple databases in parallel
- Schedules multiple automated runs via ORAchk daemon
- Uses configurable $HOME directory location for ORAchk temporary files
- Ignores skipped checks when calculating System health score
- Checks the health of pluggable databases using OS authentication
- Reports top 10 time consuming checks to optimize runtime in the future
- Improves report readability for clusterwide checks
- Includes over 50 new Health Checks for the Oracle Stack
- Provides a single dashboard to view collections across your enterprise
- Includes pre and post upgrade checks for standalone database, option to run only these checks
- Expands product areas in E-Business Suite and in Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
If you have particular checks or product areas you would like to see ORAchk cover, please post suggestions in the ORAchk subspace in My Oracle Support Community.
Read more about ORAchk and its features.
We have extended the linking capability within the body of an SR. Because of security concerns and issues with dealing with embedded HTML, we don't let SRs contain HTML directly.
But we now allow a variety of formats to LINK from Bugs, Documents and other SRs within the body of an SR.
So now you can a) direct link to these items when a support engineer gives you a bug or doc to follow, or you can update the SR using one of these formats. Hopefully they are not too tough to follow.
Knowledge Documents Formats
doc id 1351022.2
document id 1351022.2
Service Request Formats
SR Number 3-8777412995
Service Request 3-8777412995
Hope this helps!