To selected partners we are offering hands on workshop this month at Oracle HQ (Redwood City) on two exciting tool set in Oracle PaaS. These are -
1) Oracle Stream Explorer - One Day workshop on Apr 14
The role of Oracle Stream Explorer is to help customers know what is happening in their business at this very moment and act accordingly. Oracle Stream Explorer provides a business friendly user interface on top of the core Event Processing engine. Examples of innovative solutions built using Stream Explorer include -
- Telecommunications: Perform real-time call detail (CDR) record monitoring and distributed denial of service attack detection.
- Financial Services: Perform real-time risk analysis, monitoring and reporting of financial securities trading and calculate foreign exchange prices.
- Transportation: Create passenger alerts and detect baggage location in case of flight discrepancies due to local or destination-city weather, ground crew operations, airport security, etc.
- Public Sector/Military: Detect dispersed geographical enemy information, abstract it, and decipher high probability of enemy attack. Alert the most appropriate resources to respond to an emergency.
- IT Systems: Ability to detect failed applications or servers in real-time and trigger corrective measures.
- Supply Chain and Logistics: Ability to track shipments in real-time and detect and report on potential delays in arrival.
2) Oracle Integration Cloud Service (ICS) - 2 Days Workshop on Apr 21-22
In Oracle Cloud, equivalent of Oracle SOA is Oracle Integration Cloud Service (ICS). ICS has a Cloud SDK which will be used by Application providers to create Adapters to their Apps. Oracle Apps teams are writing their adapters and we would like to extend this offer to select ISV partners. ISVs can join this workshop to learn more about the development process. Your application can run in third party Cloud or your own data center but simply participate in integrations running in ICS. You can also offer your adapters through Oracle Cloud Marketplace
Please register to attend these workshops.
Please join us for a discussion around opportunities and challenges around delivering enterprise mobile applications. We will have product management and an oracle partner who has been successful in creating a profitable mobile business provide their perspectives
I was recently discussing with a partner executive on how Oracle can help the ISV innovate. Decided to pen my thoughts here too -
1) WebLogic Innovation - WebLogic is our market leading App Server. The area which I would like to highlight is Exalogic. Seeing more and more cases where Telco, Financial Services, Govt solution providers are seeing business benefits of running their business critical application on Exalogic. With the upcoming launch of Exalogic Cloud Software 12c and already available X5-2 hardware, WebLogic performance on Exalogic will continue to get better. But more importantly partners would be able to get a simplified experience, similar to Oracle Public Cloud, on Exalogic as explained in this blog post.
2) Middleware Platform for Industry solutions - Oracle SOA Suite solves core integration challenges for Healthcare entities, Retailers/Manufacturers, Airlines etc. Oracle BPM allows you to design complex processes for Financial Services, Telcos, Public Sector etc. Oracle Event Processing allows you to analyze and act on data from a variety of devices (IoT) in Fast Data Solutions being deployed in Telcos (Mobile Data offloading, QoS Management), Transportation (Vehicle Monitoring), Retail (Real Time Coupons), Utilities (Smart Grids) etc. Partners providing process management and integration solutions for vertical industries can roll out innovations while keeping the lights running by deploying on Oracle Middleware Platform (SOA, BPM, OEP, WLS, Exalogic, Enterprise Manager).
3) Mobile Platform - Adoption of mobility in enterprises offers tremendous opportunities to ISVs. We asked one partner, RapidValue, to share their experience. In this writeup, RapidValue explains how they were able to use power of Oracle Mobile Platform to quickly bring to market a suite of Mobile Applications for Field Service, HRMS, Approvals, Order Management, Inventory Management, and Expense Management.
4) Public Cloud – In recent years the world of application development has adopted new methodologies, like Agile, that improve the quality and speed in which applications are delivered. Tools such as automatic build utilities combined with continuous integration platforms simplify the adoption of these new methodologies. These tools are available in Oracle Developer Cloud Service for every licensee of Java Cloud Service.